Summer Staff Applications
Thank you for your interest in applying for Summer Staff at Pine Lake Fellowship Camp! For your application to be considered, follow all steps & send it by March 1, 2022. Contact Suzanne Opel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Serve in three or more roles described below. Plan and lead assigned activities.
- Participate in camp activities when not carrying out an assigned task.
- Monitor campers during counselor meetings and as assigned.
- Assist with kitchen clean-up if needed.
- Attend daily staff meeting.
- Provide mental, emotional, and spiritual support for counselors and LITs.
- Assist in working with campers with special needs or problems.
- Monitor lights out time. Live in cabins with campers and counselors as needed.
- Assist in clean-up after campers have left.
- Assist Program Director as requested.
- Be an example in participating, cooperating, and exercising Christian love and care.
- Responsible first to Summer Director and then to Executive Director.
- Nature Activities Director—Plan all nature activities, gather materials and lead activities.
- Recreation Director— Plan and lead all recreation games including the theme related activities as planned by Director.
- Ropes Course Director—Plan and lead ropes course activities. Ropes course leader should have some experience with low ropes course elements. Orientation & training will take place upon arrival to camp.
- Lifeguard/Water Director—Tests campers wanting to swim in the deep area, monitor swimmers at all times, assign an adult assistant to help monitor swimmers, make sure all posted rules are observed, be responsible for any water equipment, see to the safety of campers and staff during all swim and boating times. Must be at least 18 years old and a certified lifeguard. Lifeguard training may be available.
- Afternoon Activities Coordinator—Work with staff to create a variety of age appropriate, engaging, enriching activities for campers, and coordinate scheduling and staffing of activities each day/week.
- Drama Coordinator—Introduce staff to appropriate skits to be used for bible studies and talent shows. For bible studies, coordinate skit usage with camp pastor.
- Kitchen Coordinator—Make schedule/oversee L.I.T.’s who will clean up after each meal and help as needed. Keep towels washed and folded.
- Worship Leader—Plan and lead music at Bible Study time, camp fire, and whenever music is needed. This does not need to be a program staff person. A counselor or Summer Director can fill this role.
- Camp Store Manager—Register campers & record spending money at registration, record all transactions throughout the week (daily drink breaks and weekly camp store times), and return unspent money to campers at the week’s end. Requires collaboration with Office Administrator.
- Camp Newspaper Editor—Create a short camp newspaper for each week using camper articles, pictures from the photographer, and notes from camp pastors to highlight the theme for the week. Editor should be comfortable using Microsoft Publisher.
- Social Media Coordinator— Update various social media outlets regularly, managing parent e-mails to campers, posting pictures, etc. Talk to Director for more details about this description.
- Photographer/Videographer—Document each week: photos and videos of activities throughout the week for year-round marketing and video summary, frequent, regular social media posts for camper parents, portraits of each cabin group and whole camp group for camper purchase, video summary of each week for camper purchase. This position must have experience in video editing. Talk to the Director for more details about this position. This role is a full position and will have modified Program Staff responsibilities.
- Be at least 18 years old or a high school graduate.
- Provide for the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being of their cabin members by doing the following: promote safety, assist them in interpersonal relationships with other campers, challenge them to Christian commitment, encourage them to participate and be alert to teaching opportunities, and discourage unacceptable behavior. This is the counselor’s primary responsibility.
- Live with a cabin group and supervise their activities at all times, promoting good cabin spirit, being an example in participating, cooperating, and exercising Christian love and care.
- Develop a relationship with each camper, be aware of their need, and provide leadership and guidance which promotes Christian growth.
- Lead evening devotions with cabin group.
- Utilize the outdoor setting in such a way that campers will learn to respect and admire it.
- Oversee Leader In Training who lives with cabin group.
- Assist in cleaning camp after campers have left.
- Responsible first to Program Staff and Summer Director, then Executive Director.
Click the link above to get started!
If you’ve never been a camper or staff with Pine Lake’s summer camp before, you’ll have to create a new account to apply.
If you and/or your family have an account already, and you can’t access it, create a new account.
PAGES WILL TIME OUT. For longer questions/answers, type your answers in Word or Notepad and then paste them in all at once.
To access an incomplete application, log in and pretend you’re applying again. Your answers should autofill.